As a Disney enthusiast, I've been captivated by the magical and inspiring quotes that have graced the screens of beloved Disney movies.
In this compilation, I'll share and highlight some of the best Disney quotes that have touched hearts and ignited imagination.
Get ready to relive the enchantment and wisdom of these timeless words. Let's dive into the world of Disney quotes together!
Top 40 Disney Movie Quotes That Will Inspire You
Love & Relationships
1. People do crazy things when they’re in love. – Megara & Hercules.
This line was spoken by Hercules when Megara was about to ask him why he saved her.
Just like Hercules, we’re willing to do anything for the person we love, even when it means jumping into a river of tormented souls.
2. “Some people are worth melting for.” –Olaf, Frozen.
Olaf may appear as a silly character that provides comedy relief in the movie, but he’s one of the best Disney characters who give many one-liners that would often come from old and wise people.
This is one of the Disney quotes that clearly says sometimes; it’s worth putting yourself aside for someone else’s needs. Have you found someone “worth melting for?”
3. “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind.” – Lilo & Stitch.
From a destructive monster to a loving and protective family member, this is how Stitch transformed when he felt that he was treated like family by Lilo and Nani. Despite intergalactic perils, Lilo did her best to save Stitch and bring him back “home.”
4. I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you." – John Smith, Pocahontas.
This line may sound a bit cheesy, but you can’t deny that John Smith loved Pocahontas. Even at the brink of death, all you’ll ever think about are the people you truly love and care about and every day spent with them.
Living a short life full of love is better than living a life without anyone by your side.
5. "There's nobody like him, anywhere at all." – Snow White.
I’m sure we’ve all been there. You don’t see anyone else but that person when you’re in love. You feel like they are the best in the world in every shape and form. Just like this Disney princess, everyone can fall into this sweet trap.
6. “My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.”- Tiana, The Princess and the Frog
This quote highlights the idea that while personal goals and ambitions are important, they are made all the more meaningful when shared with the people we care about.
7. "Love is putting someone else's needs before yours." — Olaf, Frozen
Olaf wants us to learn the selflessness and sacrificial nature of love. It suggests that true love involves prioritizing the well-being and happiness of others above our own.
8. "I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you." — John Smith, Pocahontas.
This quote from the Disney movie Pocahontas expresses the depth of love that the character John Smith feels for Pocahontas.
It emphasizes that love and connection with another person can bring meaning and purpose to life and that it is worth taking risks and facing challenges for the sake of true love.
9. "Because when I look at you, I can feel it. And I look at you, and I'm home." — Dory, Finding Nemo.
Dory's statement implies that she has found that sense of home with the other characters in the film, highlighting the importance of human connection and relationships in our lives.
10. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” – Mary Poppins.
Mary Poppins is right - we should always find the good in everything we do. Even when we go through some challenges, we need to find the “fun” in them.
You can also do it the other way around and do the things that make you happy.
11. “Happiness is the richest thing we will ever own.” – Donald Duck, DuckTales the Movie.
Grumpiness and a short temper are the very things that define Donald Duck . However, in DuckTales the Movie, he says something every adult should know. Riches of the world can never match true happiness.
If you’re happy in life, then you’re wealthier than the richest men in the world.
12. “I ask for nothing, I can get by. But I know so many less lucky than I.” – Esmeralda, Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Contentment can also be a form of endless bliss. Just like Esmeralda, she feels saddened that some don’t have the things she has, but at the same time, she is thankful and happy that she gets by every day.
As long as you have a roof over your head, food on your plate, and clothing to cover your body, it’s more than enough to be happy.
13. “Think happy thoughts!” – Peter Pan.
One of the things Peter Pan teaches Wendy, John, and Michael is to think of happy thoughts to fly. If you think about it, being happy is like flying!
When faced with adversity, remember to think of happy thoughts, and everything will be alright.
14. “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.” – Walt Disney.
This is one of the popular Walt Disney quotes inspiring people worldwide.
Laughter is something that will never go out of fashion, imagination is free for everyone no matter how old or young they are, and your dreams will always be with you.
Success & Dreams
15. “This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.” – Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean.
It may not seem too “inspiring,” but think of it as something you’ll say after you’ve faced a traumatizing or difficult problem in life.
Telling people that they will always remember the day when they tried to pull you down but could rise victoriously is definitely a bold move!
16. "If watching is all you're gonna do, then you're gonna watch your life go by without ya." – Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
This is one of the inspirational Disney quotes from an underrated movie. This should be a wake-up call for people who stay stagnant or don’t do anything to reach their goals.
Do something about your situation, and don’t be afraid to open new doors if you wish to achieve success.
17. “The past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King.
We can never expect less from the wise shaman in The Lion King. Rafiki tries to heal Simba by teaching him to take the painful events in his life and use them to his advantage.
Every problem that comes our way teaches us different lessons in life. Instead of running away, we should face them and learn from them.
18. “If you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.” – Princess Tiana, The Princess and the Frog.
There’s no one better to teach us about success and dreams than the hardworking Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog.
Her best friend can already give her a loan to open the restaurant of her dreams, but she still works hard for it.
Even though some events in the movie seem to not be a part of her plan (like the true love’s kiss, courtesy of the frog), in the end, she was able to reach her goal.
19. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.” – Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland.
This is is one of the Disney quotes that is quite amusing to think about. Reality hits us hard sometimes, and imagining things will take us somewhere far from it.
However, this doesn’t teach you to avoid reality and keep dreaming. You should quit talking about your dream and start moving forward towards making that dream a reality.
20. "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish for will come true." -Cinderella
This quote from Cinderella reminds us that despite sadness and hardship, we must hold onto hope and keep believing in our dreams.
It is a powerful message of optimism and resilience, reminding us that anything is possible if we keep dreaming and pursuing our goals.
21. "The very things that hold you down are going to lift you." — Timothy Mouse, Dumbo.
The quote from Timothy Mouse speaks to the idea of resilience and overcoming obstacles. Our challenges can give us the strength and determination to rise above them.
Adventure & Bravery
22. “Our fate lives within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it.” – Merida, Brave.
One of Disney’s heroines teaches us that we need to face what’s in store for us. We’re all meant to do something important in the world, but we need to be brave to see what it is and face the challenges that come with it.
23. "Don't just fly, soar." - Dumbo.
Dumbo was an orphaned and frightened young elephant. This took a toll on his self-esteem.
However, as the movie progresses, he learns to fly - something that an elephant can’t possibly do.
This should be a lesson to us that we should always give 101% to become a true hero of ourselves and others in everything we do.
24. "You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -- Winnie the Pooh, Pooh's Most Grand Adventure.
The closest friend of Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh, is such a sweet bear who always has something nice to say .
This quote from Pooh bear can surely lift anyone’s spirits. Remember that you are more than what you think you are.
25. "I'm only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble." -- Mufasa, The Lion King.
These are inspiring words coming from the king himself! When you look for trouble, you’re not showing bravery but stupidity.
Be brave only when you need to confront your fears, face challenges, or protect the ones you love.
26. "Thou sword of truth fly swift and sure. That evil die and good endure!" – Flora, Sleeping Beauty.
Here’s a quote from one of Aurora’s fairy godmothers if you’re being held back by the fear that something bad may happen.
Remember that if your intentions are true and you’re honest with yourself, then life is not a problem to be solved but something to be enjoyed for you.
27. "A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." — Hercules, Hercules.
It suggests that a person's actions and willingness to stand up for what is right and is what truly makes them heroic, not their physical abilities.
This quote encourages us to look beyond superficial appearances and see the goodness and bravery within ourselves and others.
28. "Remember you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine." – Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
We understand that “filling the world with sunshine” seems to be a long stretch, but you can always fill “someone’s world” with happiness and sunshine.
If you can do this, then you’re able to build the best friendship you could ever have. Always be there for them and make them feel like they’re not alone. Remember, a simple smile can make all the difference.
29. “If everybody got somebody by the hand, maybe everyone could learn and understand.” – Sebastian, The Little Mermaid.
This is one of the Walt Disney movie quotes about being kind to everyone you meet. Your only limit is yourself. You can be kind even to those who are not kind to you and let them see and learn the beauty of living life hate-free.
30. “Every minute spent in your company becomes the new greatest minute of your life.” – Rhino, Bolt.
There’s always that one true friend that you won’t get tired of being with. This reminds us that spending time with a friend who will give you the best memories is something you should be thankful for.
31. "When you’re the best of friends having so much fun together, you’re not even aware you’re such a funny pair." – The Fox and the Hound.
This is a line from a song from the heartwarming tearjerker, The Fox and the Hound.
When you’re having fun with your friend, you won’t even notice if you’re already looking like a fool from other people’s perspectives. Still, you don’t care because what matters is you and your friend having a blast!
32. “Aw shucks, Pluto. I can’t be mad at ya!” – Mickey Mouse.
If you love Mickey Mouse, then you’ll love one of the simplest yet most meaningful Disney quotes from him as well.
Mickey reminds us that even though we get angry with our friends or even our family, the truth is, we can’t stay mad at them for long.
This is one of the inspirational Disney quotes that remind us that the only thing we need moving forward is to never lose sight of the most important thing in life - love.
33. Good friends will help you until your unstuck." — Pooh, Winnie the Pooh
The Disney quote highlights the importance of friendship in providing support and encouragement during difficult times.
It suggests that friends can help us find our way when we feel lost or stuck.
34. "You've got a friend in me." — Toy Story.
This Disney quote highlights the power and comfort of having someone we can rely on and trust.
It suggests that even in adversity, we can find strength and support in our relationships.
Business & Life
35. “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.” -- Grandmother Willow, Pocahontas.
This is one of the Disney quotes that is most relatable, as the right decisions are the most difficult ones to make.
You may feel bad at first, but you can watch your life go into a better route after the sacrifices and hard decisions you have made.
36. "Even miracles take a little time." -- Fairy Godmother, Cinderella.
This is one of the Disney quotes that remind us that there are no magical shortcuts to success when it comes to business.
You need to work hard, be patient, and remember that our fate does not lie in the hands of other people - our fate lives within us.
37. "If you focus on what you left behind, you will never see what lies ahead." – Gusteau, Ratatouille.
This is one of the Walt Disney movie quotes that serve as an important lesson for life. You shouldn’t dwell on the past and focus on becoming great for the future. If you always think about your mistakes, you will remain stuck in those moments of failure.
38. "I don't want to survive. I want to live." – The Captain, Wall-E.
Living every day without experiencing life is pointless. If you work yourself until you’re tired every day to survive, you’ll end up retiring without experiencing fun things the world has to offer.
Don’t give little consideration to the things you love. You should have a work-life balance and live a life worth living.
39. “I want much more than this provincial life.” – Belle, Beauty and the Beast
Don’t get us, or Belle, wrong. There’s nothing bad about having a provincial life. However, repetitiveness and simplicity can cage someone who wants to do more in life.
If you’re life Belle, don’t look for enchanted castles and get locked up. Instead, try to explore and look for something that’ll bring excitement to your life.
40. "I wouldn't trade it for anything. No. Never. Your friendship is the best present ever." — Tigger, Winnie the Pooh.
It emphasizes the importance of valuing and cherishing our friendships. It suggests true friendship is priceless and cannot be replaced or bought.
Here’s a piece of very good advice from the Blue Fairy, “You must learn to choose between right and wrong.”
Movies are filled with lessons and memorable lines, especially those from Disney film characters.
These lines from Walt Disney movies can surely impact our lives and help us come up with the right decisions.
The world of Disney is brimming with remarkable quotes that have become ingrained in our hearts and minds.
Which among these are your favorite inspiring Disney quotes? If you’re looking for the best Disney collectibles, check out our store!