The TV show Adventure Time has cemented itself as one of the best American animated television series of all time. From bubbly and layered characters, rich lore, fun adventures, and of course, quotable quotes, Adventure Time has them all!
We handpicked the best Adventure Time quotes after watching the series twice!
Top 25 Awesome Adventure Time Quotes
1. ”You’re letting your brain dial turn your fear volume up.” (Finn the Human)
Although people typically fail to stay calm in the face of danger, Finn lives by a different principle. Sometimes, tapping into the body’s panic mode can take people off their A-game.
Stop, breathe, and take your brain dial down a notch.
2. “Responsibility demands sacrifice.” (Princess Bubblegum)
People can never get everything they want in life. Even when a person’s mind thinks otherwise or is equipped with magical powers, being responsible entails losing what we want most.
3. “You won’t be able to tell if everything is going to be totally haywire.” (BMO)
Nobody knows the future, and we don’t have a time-traveling spell to make things right when we want to. What BMO means is that we might find ourselves in a better or worse place eventually, but we must learn to roll with the punches.
4. “Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.” (Jake the Dog)
Like Demon Cat, Jake, the shape-shifting dog, has approximate knowledge of many things (including personal development). Nobody is ever an expert from the get-go, so try and try until you succeed!
5. “Everything small is just a smaller version of something big.” (Finn the Human)
Finn experiences an epiphany in this funny Adventure Time quip. Truthfully, problems change shape and size depending on who faces them. Some might have it easy; others might not.
This is a simple reminder from Cartoon Network to get off our privileged horses and be more sympathetic.
6. ”You’re getting hung up on imaginary problems. You gotta focus on what’s real.” (Jake the Dog)
The mind is a fickle thing capable of building or breaking us down. When we flood our thoughts with imaginary problems, we lose sight of what’s really important — reality. Jake is the best friend we all need! But, how old is Jake?
7. “I say creepy is just another label we used to distance ourselves from stuff we don’t understand, or that it reminds us of something in ourselves that we’re not comfortable with.” (Finn the Human)
Sometimes we don’t need to overthink and simply take a leap of faith. This is one of the truest Adventure Time quotes throughout the show.
8. "Listen, when I look at you, my brain goes all stupid, and I just wanna hug you and sit on the couch and play BMO with you!" (Finn the Human)
Like Finn, don’t be afraid to tell someone you like them! They may either be squeeze-lemon-sour, or you might just score yourself a date. If a boy named Finn can do it, so can you! Find out Finn's age in Adventure Time.
9. "I just thought about my anxieties, and it's like my mind hand touched a hot memory stove." (Carroll)
Adventure Time quotes are coming in hot with their vivid imagery. Fears and anxieties can be vexing, so always be extra kind to everyone you meet.
10. “You were zapped by Darren the Ancient Sleeper; your dome was cracked, your root beer soaked into the ground! I buried your remains in a mason jar which is now your head, and... an-and now I'm—I'm with Starchy.” (Cherry Cream Soda Girl)
Despite marrying Starchy, Cherry Cream Soda never fully emotionally moved on from her deceased ex-husband. You could imagine the burst of emotions she expressed when she saw Root Beer Guy again!
11. "Thanks for responding to my call, guys. I'm in a serious pickle, and I mean the bad kind—I mean like, a really smelly brown pickle?" (Prismo)
This is quite unsettling, yet a very funny Adventure Time quote that just shows you can be extra crafty with your similes and metaphors as long as you get the message across!Shop The Adventure Time Collection Now
12. “This isn't about some petty love triangle! Flame Princess is physically unstable! Her elemental matrix can't handle extreme romance! Glob, if Finn tries to kiss her, she'll burn so hot, she'll melt right through the planet's crust, down through the molten core!” (Princess Bubblegum)
In the episode Burning Low, Flame Princess and Finn could never kiss, but props to him for staying throughout with FP despite the fact. 
13. “What you're feeling is called infatuation. The pain is the product of you overvaluing a projected, imaginary relationship with me.” (Princess Bubblegum)
Bonnibel has a way of rejecting people - scientific style!
14. “I’m really sorry, Finn. I can’t help you because my parents are horrible idiots.” (Lumpy Space Princess)
LSP is the epitome of teenage drama, and what teenager never saw their parents as bad apples at one point?
15. "People make mistakes. It’s all part of growing up, and you never really stop growing." (Duke of Nuts)
Life is just a big university, and no matter how old you are, there are always lessons to learn along the way.
16. “Dating girls is like riding a bicycle. If you mess up, you could get really hurt forever, or hurt someone you care about.” (Finn the Human)
Adventure Time is filled with life lessons, and who better to talk about love than Finn?
17. “When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke, but sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light.” (BMO)
People must never lose sight of their principles and goals, as these will be the guiding light when life gets gloomy.
18. “Bad biscuits make the baker broke, bro.” (Jake the Dog)
From saving Princess Cookie to giving life lessons, Jake the magical dog is really wise. Here he reminds us that we must never resort to mediocrity but always be the best we can be.
19. “Sometimes a man just has to retrieve his own disc.” (Finn the Human)
This Adventure Time quote hits close to the popular saying, “every man for himself.”
20. “Something weird might just be something familiar viewed from a different angle.” (Marceline’s Mom)
The same way Ice King was truly a kind man named Simon Petrikov underneath, there are truths we might miss if we don’t see them from a fresh perspective. 
21. “To live life, you need problems. If you get everything you want the minute you want it, what’s the point of living?” (Jake the Dog)
Adventure Time teaches its viewers once again that it’s the struggle, hustle, and effort that makes life worth living.
22. “Sometimes, you don’t cry because you’re afraid of real emotion.” (Simon)
Nobody likes to feel vulnerable, but there is a liberating feeling when we express emotions and break our walls down. A great lesson from the Ice King!
23. “I don’t think there are bad people. I think good people do bad stuff sometimes, and that’s bad. If you just do it once, that’s a mistake.” (Marceline)
Nobody’s perfect, and committing mistakes is okay; just don’t fall into the trap of repeating the same mistakes over and over again.
24. “You know I care about you. I think you're making the right choice. Your natural lifespan is going to be richer and fuller than you can imagine. Someday, when you die, I'll be the one that puts you on the ground.” (Princess Bubblegum)
Marceline, the Vampire Queen, wanted to be human, and this is PB’s heartfelt response to her life partner.
25. “There’s no point letting them get to you, especially when you have so much to offer the world. Do as the Ice King does and shut out those naysayers!” (Ice King)
People will bring you down and talk smack behind your back, but do as Ice King suggests and prove them wrong!
Adventure Time is one of the top-rated Cartoon Network animated films that tapped into anxiety, friendship, love, and other related topics throughout the series. Despite the somewhat childish rapport of the show, there are so many diamonds in the rough of their script manifested by the top 25 best Adventure Time quotes listed above.
We hope you learned a bunch! For Adventure Time merchandise, visit Toynk!Shop The Adventure Time Collection Now