Star Trek Designing Starships Book | The Kelvin Timeline
- STAR TREK DESIGNING SHIPS: The third volume in this acclaimed series focuses on the J.J. Abram's Star Trek films - featuring nearly 20 ships, including the new Enterprise!
- STARSHIP ENTERPRISE: Featuring ships from the movies Star Trek, Star Trek into Darkness, and Star Trek Beyond. How the most talented designers in Hollywood created Star Trek’s starships from first sketches to finished onscreen models.
- STARSHIP VENGEANCE: View the full page, breathtaking illustrations behind the CGI action sequences.
- THE DESIGN PROCESS: Explore how the designers’ visions made it to screen, from first concept to finished model, and examine their inspirations, from JFK Airport to the backbone of a humpback whale.
- HARDCOVER: 184 pages. English.
Explore the process behind the creation of the ships features in the Star Trek, Star Trek: Into Darkness and Star Trek: Beyond films. This is the story of how some of the most talented designers in Hollywood created STAR TREK's starships from the first sketches to the finished models that appeared on screen. This book covers nearly 20 new ships from the modern STAR TREK movies, from the new Enterprise to a fleet of Federation ships that was barely seen. Along the way it covers the thinking behind Klingon and Romulan ships and the heavily-armed U.S.S. Vengeance. This third volume in the Designing the Starships series collects the profiles and design history from the rebooted Star Trek "Kelvin Timeline" film universe. The "Kelvin Timeline" is an alternate reality timeline in which the current Star Trek film universe operates. It is named after the ship captained by Captain Kirks father in the first of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek films, the U.S.S. Kelvin. Ships included: U.S.S. Enterprise, U.S.S. Enterprise-A, Narada, U.S.S. Kelvin, Spock's Jellyfish, U.S.S. Yorktown Space Station, and many more. Includes 6 ships that were designed for the final sequence of Star Trek: Beyond which were not used and have never been seen before.