The Marvel Cinematic Universe is known to drop nuggets of wisdom in their movies here and there. Whether or not you’re a huge fan, the characters are more than just superheroes — they are a source of inspiration.
Here are some inspiring Marvel quotes from Marvel Studios that will awaken the superhero in you.
45 Awesome Marvel Quotes
1. “Everyone fails at who they are supposed to be, Thor. The measure of a person, of a hero…is how well they succeed at being who they are.” - Frigga, Avengers: Endgame
This is one of the Marvel movie quotes that brought tears to our eyes. It’s normal for us to fail sometimes, but what truly defines us is how we stand up and move forward despite our failures.
2. “No man can win every battle, but no man should fall without a struggle.” - Peter Parker, Spider-Man: Homecoming
Peter Parker reminds us in Spider-Man: Homecoming to keep fighting even when things get tough.
3. “If you’re nothing without this suit, then you shouldn’t have it.” - Tony Stark, Spider-Man: Homecoming
Tony Stark speaks this line to our teenage hero Peter Parker. Tony Stark is forced to take away his suit, after which Peter Parker blurts out, “I’m nothing without the suit.”
Tony Stark teaches Parker a lesson on becoming a true hero even without the suit, which means believing in his innate capabilities.
4. “This is the fight of our lives, and we’re going to win. Whatever it takes.” - Steve Rogers, Avengers: Endgame
Captain America inspires people and reminds them what they are fighting for.
5. “It’s an imperfect world, but it’s the only one we’ve got.” - Tony Stark, Iron Man
This line gets us through the times when we feel like the whole world sucks.
6. “Compromise where you can. Where you can’t, don’t. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right.” - Sharon Carter, Captain America: Civil War
Captain America gets incredibly nostalgic when Sharon Carter, the great-niece of Peggy Carter, reminds him that as humans, we have the capacity to think on our own.
7. “The truth is… I am Iron Man.” - Tony Stark, Iron Man
When Robert Downey, Jr. first uttered these lines, it was when Tony Stark broke the mold that superheroes should keep their identities secret.
8. “I would rather be a good man than a great king.” - Thor, Thor: The Dark World
This line shows us just how much Thor has grown, from a bratty, arrogant Asgardian lordling to a true hero.
9. “Don’t waste it. Don’t waste your life.” - Ho Yinsen, Iron Man
Iron Man spent the rest of his days living up to his potential when Ho Yinsen uttered these last words that served as a wake-up call.
10. “I know you were only doing what you believe in, and that’s all any of us can do, it’s all any of us should. So no matter what, I promise if you — if you need us, if you need me, I’ll be there.” - Steve Rogers, Captain America: Civil War
When the Avengers team got divided in half during the Civil War movie, Captain America sent this message to Iron Man to let him know that he will always have his back even though they weren’t seeing eye to eye.
11. "We never lose our demons, Mordo. We only learn to live above them." - The Ancient One, Doctor Strange
One of the truest statements from Marvel Studios comes from the mysterious Ancient One, who reminds us that we are stronger than our traumas, fears, and regrets.
12. “He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy.” - Yondu, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
Yondu did his best effort in raising Peter Quill like his own. It shows the impact many people make — even though they’re not your blood relative — to your life.
13. "Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man." - Abraham Erskine, Captain America: The First Avenger
There was no one else more deserving of the super-soldier serum than Steve Rogers, played by Chris Evans.
14. “Just because something works, doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.” - Shuri, Black Panther
Shuri is one of our favorite female Marvel characters in the entire Marvel universe. Improvement can be applied to many things like habits and exercising.
15. “But in times of crisis, the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” - T’Challa, Black Panther
This wisdom from Black Panther can be applied even to our own world.
16. “I've been fighting with one arm tied behind my back. But what happens when I'm finally set free?” - Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel
When Captain Marvel realizes that the Kree are suppressing her powers, she finally takes a stand to liberate herself.
17. “I have nothing to prove to you.” - Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel utters this line to Yon-Rogg when the latter challenges her to a duel to prove herself to him. Captain Marvel is not having any of it as she doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone.
18. “Vengeance has consumed you. It’s consuming them. I’m done letting it consume me.” - T’Challa, Captain America: Civil War
We shouldn’t hold onto anger just as we shouldn’t be obsessed over vengeance. We owe it to ourselves to give ourselves peace.
19. “If we can’t accept limitations, then we’re no better than the bad guys.” - Tony Stark, Captain America: Civil War
This is a reminder from the Marvel Cinematic Universe that in anything we choose to do in life, our personal limitations should always be to do what is right.
20. “Even when you had two eyes, you’d see only half the picture.” - Odin, Thor: Ragnarok
We’d like to think that this statement is to remind everyone to keep an open mind.
21. “My armor was never a distraction or a hobby, it was a cocoon, and now I'm a changed man. You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away… I am Iron Man.” - Tony Stark, Iron Man 3
Goosebumps ran up and down our arm when Robert Downey, Jr. first said this line. We are more than our fancy job titles, the cars we drive, or how much money is in our savings account.
22. “I just finally know what I have to do. And I know in my heart that it's right.” - Tony Stark, Iron Man
This is when Tony Stark finally found his purpose in life, and nothing is going to stop him from fulfilling it.
23. “We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn’t mean everybody, but if we can’t find a way to live with that, next time maybe nobody gets saved.” - Steve Rogers, Captain America: Civil War
Sacrifices are sometimes absolutely necessary for the greater good.
24. “No amount of money ever bought a second of time.” - Tony Stark, Avengers: Endgame
The most important resource in life is time.
25. “The hardest choices require the strongest wills.” - Thanos, Avengers: Infinity War
Thanos imparts great wisdom in Avengers: Infinity War. What comes easy is not always right, and sometimes the hardest choices are things that seem difficult.
26. “I didn’t do it for him.” - Loki, Thor: The Dark World
When we hear this line from Loki, we couldn’t help but think that maybe he cares for his brother and just doesn’t like showing it.
27. “You call me ‘young lady’ again, I'll shove my foot up somewhere it's not supposed to be.” - Maria Rambeau, Captain Marvel
Talk about girl power! Just like Carol Danvers, her friend Maria Rambeau should not be underestimated as well.
28. “You never know. You hope for the best and make do with what you get.” - Nick Fury, Avengers: Age of Ultron
We try our best to be well-equipped, but when things don’t go the way we want them to, we have to make do with what we have.
29. “Stark chose you. He made you an Avenger. I need that. The world needs that.” - Nick Fury, Spider-Man: Far From Home
Despite Nick Fury persuading him, Peter Parker was mourning the loss of his father figure Tony Stark and didn’t want to be Spider-Man or associated with the Avengers for a bit.
30. “Teach me.” - Dr. Stephen Strange, Doctor Strange
We don’t always know everything, so it’s good to be teachable, just like Stephen Strange.
31. “The world has changed and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best, and sometimes the best that we can do is to start over.” - Peggy Carter, Captain America: The First Avenger
We can always move forward and make our future better.
32. “What would be the point of all the pain and sacrifice if I wasn’t willing to stand up and keep fighting?” - Sam Wilson, Falcon and the Winter Soldier
When Captain America retired and asked Sam Wilson if he would take his shield, he was hesitant at first as he wasn’t sure how the public would accept a black man as America’s hero.
33. “I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.” - Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger
It was nice to see that Steve Rogers remembers his roots, despite being a strong super-soldier.
34. “You wanna get to him, you go through us! Or more accurately... We go through you!” - Rocket Raccoon, Guardians of the Galaxy
The Guardians of the Galaxy ensemble have formed a quirky family that stays together through thick and thin.
35. “That’s my secret, Cap. I’m always angry.” - Bruce Banner, The Avengers
Fans couldn’t help but root for Mark Ruffalo when they saw him for the first time as The Incredible Hulk.
36. “You saw what those stones did to Thanos; they almost killed him. None of you could survive.” - Bruce Banner
“How do we know you will?” - Steve Rogers
“You don’t. But the radiation’s mostly gamma. It’s like I was made for this.” - Bruce Banner, Avengers: Endgame
In this Avengers: Endgame scenario, we see how much Banner loves his teammates as he’s willing to take the blow for everyone else.
Another thing we loved about the Marvel Cinematic Universe was it wasn’t afraid to take itself lightly. Here are some funny Marvel quotes that brought on a bout of laughter.
37. “You look like Mary Poppins.” - Peter Quill
“Is he cool?” - Yondu
“Hell yeah, he’s cool.” - Peter Quill
“I’m Mary Poppins, y’all!” - Yondu, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
If only Yondu knew how cool Mary Poppins truly was.
38. “You get hurt, hurt em back. You get killed, walk it off.” - Steve Rogers, Avengers: Age of Ultron
In this Marvel movie quote, Chris Evans as Steve Rogers definitely makes sense (as long as no one actually dies, of course). It simply means that if you fall down, don’t dwell on it. Stand up, shrug it off, and try again.
39. “I thought you were smaller.” - Bucky Barnes, Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Just like us, when Bucky Barnes saw Steve Rogers again for the first time, he thought he would be a lot smaller.
40. “You are, all of you are beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by…” - Loki, The Avengers
We always get boisterous speeches from Loki, but this is a particularly funny one when the enormous green rage monster Incredible Hulk picks him up mid-sentence, does a Hulk smash, and calls him “puny god.”
41. “Okay, anybody on our side hiding any shocking and fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose? I'm open to suggestions.” - Iron Man, Captain America: Civil War
When Scott Lang (Ant-Man) suddenly transformed into Giant Man, Tony Stark was so impressed he wondered what other secret abilities the opposing team had.
42. "You can do anything. You're the ‘World's Greatest Grandma.’" - Cassie Lang, Ant-Man and the Wasp
One of the things we loved about the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie was the prominence of the father-daughter relationship between Scott Lang and Cassie Lang.
43. “As far as I’m concerned, that’s America’s ass.” - Scott Lang, Avengers: Endgame
We love how this inside joke played out throughout the movie, with Steve Rogers acknowledging his past self and saying “That is America’s ass” later on.
44. “If I had a black light, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.” - Peter Quill, Guardians of the Galaxy
Disney is not above making subtle adult jokes, and it was a surprise that this got accepted into the film's final cut. 
45. “Let me know if real power wants a magazine or something.” - Nick Fury, The Avengers
One of the things we absolutely love about Nick Fury is his sarcasm and sass.
Let’s Sum It Up!
And there you have it, all 45 Marvel movie quotes. These inspirational Marvel quotes have made us laugh, cry, be thoughtful, and pensive. What’s ultimately great about the Marvel heroes is that they’re not afraid of showing their flaws… but they do their best to remain good people whatever it takes.
If you’re interested in Marvel movie merch, check out our listings.