- "Incredible, intricately detailed 4 foot model (approximately 1/45 scale) of Capt. Nemo's iconic Nautilus submarine"
- Highly detailed features including salon and wheelhouse
- "LED light effects to illuminate salon and wheelhouse and around salon observation window"
- Removable Skiff
- Free rotating propellar and pivoting rudder
- Limited to 500 pieces worldwide
- Display Stand
- Numbered Plaque
- Certificate of Authenticty
- Measures 48" x 15" by 9"
When a design is instantly recognizable the world over and through generations, you know it's not just good, it's genius. So it is with Capt. Nemo's Nautilus from Walt Disney's adaptation of Jules Verne's epic novel: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Designed by famed production designer Harper Goff for the 1954 production, this futuristic, anachronistic, animal-like submarine is a true classic that has never been bettered.
Utilizing the original set of blueprints, the longitudinal and cross sectional braces were laser cut out of clear acrylic. This substructure was then assembled and clad in sheet styrene, much like an actual ship would be built, to form the hull of the boat.
Referencing numerous reference photos and production stills, the incredible, intricate detail of the wheel house, its wall bracing and dials, the spiral staircase leading down to the chart room, and Captain Nemo's luxurious state room, complete with furniture, pipes, the speciman case, rugs and those mighty viewports were replicated. Where Nemo once stood staring out into the wonders of the deep, you can now peer back inside his mighty ship.